Let’s get down to the root of the problem. What stresses you the most at your work place?
Do you get this feeling when your legs are resisting the direction you’re going?
Stress is a common problem among many work places, but before we search for solutions, it’s good practice to locate the source of the stress maker.
Sitting on a Pilates ball, if you have piled-up unfinished business to do, won’t solve your problem, but prioritizing might just do the work.
On the other hand, during crazy working period, pushing your employees towards goal settings would only increase the tension, but giving them an hour of coffee break might refresh their mind and perspective.
1. Stuck in a rut
You can’t find the solution to a work problem. The clock is ticking, deadlines are approaching, your brain is overloaded and feels like you are running in circles.
(1) Unplug your lap-top, and get to the most comfortable coffee shop in the area. Change your environment for a little bit. Surround your self with suitable sounds and view, and try again.
(2) Go for a run in the morning. Try not to think of anything, during your exercise. Find your zen trough running.
Not getting things done, sitting and not doing anything productive, can cause even more stress than the actual involvement in your work tasks. This often happens when you are fed up with your daily routine, or you were given something to do against your will and abilities.
(1) Visualize – Set a goal, and think about the benefits of the completed task. The “2 Minute Rule” is amazing advice to get you going.
(2) Change your diet to boost your energy – Consume more healthy food. Here are some healthy foods that reduce stress.
3. Unbearable work environment
If there is a bad atmosphere and tension between your colleagues, here are few tips that can lead to solution of this problem.
(1) Apply ergonomic arrangement at your work place. There is entire science behind keeping your body in the right position and how it affects your work performance.
(2) Soothing sounds of calming music, can do wonders when it comes to relaxation. If you prefer different kind of music, plug in you earphones and sing along to your favorite tunes.
(3) Socialize – Fulfillment in your private life, has a huge impact on your work life. Sharing your problems with your loved once, and spending time surrounded by positive people, can clear your thoughts and put you in the right mindset.
(4) Use your emotional intelligence. Laughter is the best medicine. Try to create positive environment and spread a positive energy. Take your time, watch couple of funny clips on the internet, read a joke, or visit our page for daily motivation.